Benefits Of Porcelain Dental Veneers
As time goes by, our teeth start to wear down, and they also become more susceptible to damage. Ultimately, it becomes almost impossible to avoid discoloration, cracks, chips, and worn enamel, all of which are signs of age-related wear in teeth. These problems can prevent you from being confident about your smile and interacting with people. Not addressing this deterioration on time can also lead to other dental problems. This is where porcelain veneers come in.
We at Luck Dental Clinic recommend this treatment for patients that have cracked, chipped or discolored teeth. But porcelain veneers can also be a good solution for anyone who wants to improve the shape of their teeth and the overall appearance of their smile as well.
Understanding What Porcelain Veneers Are
Porcelain veneers are thin shells made from porcelain which is a tooth-colored material. These shells are affixed to the teeth and help cover various imperfections. Veneers can help cosmetic flaws such as:
- Poorly sized/shaped teeth
- Tooth discoloration
- Chipped teeth
- Cracked teeth
- Gaps between teeth
Veneers have been around since 1928. This was when a California dentist, Charles Pincus developed them especially for actors that needed to quickly improve the overall appearance of their teeth before their film shoots. Over the decades, there has been significant change in the technology and material used to make veneers. Today, these are a predictable and durable cosmetic dentistry procedure that helps fix imperfections that mar our smiles.
Porcelain Veneers- The Benefits
There are a number of benefits to porcelain veneers such as:
- Quick Procedure-Porcelain veneers don’t need any involved placement procedure. All it takes is two visits to get the blemish-free smile you want.
- Efficient & Effective– Whether you have discolored, chipped, cracked or oddly-shaped teeth, porcelain veneers might just be the solution for you. They look like natural teeth and no one would be able to tell that you’re wearing them.
- Durable– If well maintained, porcelain veneers can last for a between 10 and 30 years. We at Luck Dental Clinic use the best technology and materials and the dental veneers are made at the most advanced lab. This means you are always assured that you will get the stunning and blemish-free smile you want.
- Stain Resistant– Veneers are one of the best solutions for people that have severe tooth discoloration. Procedures like teeth whitening and bleaching cannot be repeated excessively as they affect the condition of the dental enamel. But why worry when you can easily opt for porcelain veneers? They are stain-resistant and once applied, you can bid goodbye to discolored teeth.
- A Complete Smile Makeover– Modern porcelain veneers can alter your smile in just a matter of two visits to our clinic. In fact, many of our patients that come in for dental bridges and fillings opt for this treatment as well. Veneers are compatible with these different procedures to give you the brilliant smile you desire.
The Best Dental Veneers
As you can see, there are a number of distinct benefits to getting dental veneers. When you come to us for them, our dentist will conduct a detailed examination of your teeth. Based on this assessment, he will recommend which treatment would be required to improve the condition and appearance of your teeth.
If you decide to get veneers applied he will provide you detailed information about them, their pros and cons, the costs, and how to care for them etc. As mentioned earlier, dental veneers can be fitted within just two visits. They are one of the simplest and quickest ways to improve the look of your teeth to give you a stunning smile.
If you would like any more information about our porcelain veneers and other specialized services, schedule a visit with one of our expert doctors. Contact Luck Dental Clinic via this form or simply call us at (715) 472-2211 to fix an appointment.